At Rutland Regional, our vision is to Be the Best Healthcare System in New England. We are proud to provide our physicians a uniquely supportive environment where they can build their practice and career, as we pursue our key goals of quality, growth, information excellence, financial stability, and employee engagement.
Rutland Regional is eager to work with physicians who share our vision and would like to grow their practice in a hospital big enough to provide excellent resources and technology, and small enough to offer hands-on opportunities to make a difference for patients and the community.
Your Path to a Rewarding Career and a Rewarding Life Starts Here
High quality of life
Affordable cost of living
Excellent family city
Tight knit community
Safest state in the nation
High ratings for well being
Manageable volume of patients
Skiing & outdoor activities
Beautiful golf courses
Vermont is ranked as one of the top ten healthiest states in the nation, according to American Medical Association, CDC, and Time Magazine. With the quality of care provided by Vermont’s physicians and other health care providers, along with the Blueprint for Health and the goal of universal healthcare access, VT is at the forefront of national healthcare reform.
In addition to unlimited recreational activities, New England is one of the most historic and culturally rich regions in the United States. Our beautiful scenery, peaceful countryside and relaxed attitude make Rutland, Vermont an ideal place to call home.
— Current Physician Opportunities —
- Largest Community Hospital in Vermont and Second Largest Hospital in the State
- #1 in Vermont for Joint Replacement Surgery
- Only Community Hospital to be Designated a GE Showcase for Diagnostic Imaging
- Leader in Integrated Healthcare Programs, through the Vermont Blueprint for Health, for Treating Patients with Chronic Disease
- Magnet® Status Recognition for our Nursing Program
- Governor’s Award for Performance Excellence
- Key Service Lines including Foley Cancer Center, Rutland Heart Center, Center for Sleep Disorders, Diagnostic Imaging, ICU, Breast Care Program
- Electronic Medical Records System (EMR)
Rutland Regional has an experienced and highly trained medical staff. Our percentage of board-certified physicians exceeds the national average, and includes physicians from over 36 specialties. Our dedicated nurses have earned Rutland Regional the Magnet designation for excellence in nursing, proving that our nurses are among the best in the nation. Rutland’s allied professionals and other support staff are well trained in their fields, providing physicians with the support they need to offer excellent care.
- Choice of HMO or PPO Health Insurance Plans. Eligible the first of the month after 30 days of service.
- Choice of Comprehensive or Preventive Dental Plan. You may cover yourself, yourself and one dependent, or yourself and two or more dependents.
- Vision Plan. You may cover yourself, yourself and one dependent, or yourself and two or more dependents. Covers routine eye examination and materials.
- Short and Long Term Disability. Illness up to 180 days – paid at 100% through paycheck. Illness over 180 days paid at 60% through disability carrier under the Long Term Disability Benefit. Will be offset by benefits from any other income.
- Life Insurance. Employer provides one times annual base salary. Employee may choose to buy up to a maximum of 6x pay up to one million dollars.
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan. Employees may participate in the 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan which offers a variety of investment options through Fidelity Investments.
- Retirement Plan. RRHS will contribute to the Plan, on your behalf, a non-elective Employer Contribution equal to a specified percentage of the employee’s gross pay each pay period to a tax-sheltered annuity 403(b) plan for all employees having an assigned FTE. The Contribution percentage is based upon age and completed years of service as follows:
Combined Age & Years of Service — % of Compensation
<40 — 4%
40-59 — 6%
60-79 — 8%
80+ — 10%
- Differentials. Shift differentials for evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Combined Time Off (CTO). CTO may be used for a variety of types of absences including vacation, personal illness and doctor’s appointments; and/or other personal reasons.
- Employee Assistance Plan. EAP provides free, confidential assistance to employees and their immediate family members to help them resolve problems that affect their personal lives or job.
- Continuing Education. Determined by manager.
- Tuition Reimbursement. Full-time employees: $3,600/year. Part-time employees: up to $2,700/year (75% of the full-time benefit).
- 529 College Savings Plan. Scholars Choice of Vermont Higher Education Investment Plan.
- Long Term Care Insurance. Provided through New York Life Insurance Company.
- Relocation package up to $10k.
- Malpractice insurance.
- Jury Duty and Military Leave
- Family Medical Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Recognition Programs
- On-Site CMEs
- DynaMed CME
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database
- The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics/Treatment Guidelines
CME Mission Statement
Rutland Regional Medical Center and its physicians recognize that maintaining the medical knowledge and skills necessary to care for patients is a ongoing process. Educational needs can be expected to change in response to emerging technology, scientific discovery, and new standards of practice. Our objective is to maintain a program of continuing medical education that helps support our physicians and healthcare providers in their response to those advances.
Rutland Regional Medical Center is accredited by The University of Vermont which is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians. AMA Category I credit is awarded on an hour-for-hour basis with one hour of participation earning one credit. Every effort is made to ensure that specialty society accreditation is also obtained for appropriate programs, so that physicians attending these courses may earn the credit most useful to them in fulfilling their continuing medical education requirements.
For more information, contact:
By Phone: 802.747.3835
Attn: CME Program
Rutland Regional Medical Center
160 Allen Street
Rutland, VT 05701
By Fax: 802.747.6207